Biodegradable Mulch Film
OrangeBio biodegradable mulch film can be delivered in many different sizes and qualities, all depending on the type of crop that is going to be cultivated. Contact us for specific product information by using the brown text-box on this page.
OrangeBio Mulch Film is produced of a bioplastic raw material created by complexing starch with polyesters. OrangeBio Mulch Film is certified as biodegradable and compostable. The proven biodegradability in soil, allows the use of OrangeBio mulch film to be a genuine contribution to a better environment. OrangeBio cooperates with International universities and research institutions to continually develop the characteristics of the OrangeBio Mulch Film.
Advantages for Farmers
- Increase soil temperature
- Speed up the germination and cultivation cycles
- Long-term nutritious soil
- Cost and labor efficient
- Eliminate or reduce the use of herbicides and pesticides
- Reduce water consumption
- Keep fertilizers and nutrients closer to the plant
- Prevent fruits & vegetables from direct contact with the soil
About OrangeBio Mulch Film
OrangeBio mulch films compared to traditional plastic:
- Biodegradable in soil
- Customized life span, tailored for different crops
- No removal necessary
- No disposal costs
- No residues like traditional plastic in the field
- Faster access to the field
- An efficient alternative, in both agronomic and environmental terms to traditional plastic film
- Saves time and therefore costs required to remove and dispose of traditional plastic film
- Offers a family of grades fit for purpose
OrangeBio Mulch Film is biodegradable in soil and has an average life span of 1 – 24 months, depending on the climate and temperatures.
Applications with excellent test results for OrangeBio Mulch Film:
- Flowers and plants
The laying of the film can be performed with the same equipment used for traditional plastic mulching films, being careful to reduce the tension of the roll during operation.
- Faster access to field after harvest
- Decrease of pollution caused by PE plastic in our environment
- Good LCA values